Friday, November 16, 2012

Like a Mad Man



I came home from my piano lessons, feeling more inspired than ever. I have a tender passion for piano and want to excel to the highest term when it comes to music. My piano teacher, Chris, is really good on the piano. He plays so well and I asked him, astonished at his format, how did you get this way? I just saw how he played so freely and the notes were all so clear and I wanted to be just like that. I knew he didn’t get this way over night but I was still eager to hear his story. His story inspired me in so many different ways. He used to practice like a “mad man,” which is the term he used. He had a passion for music and was also inspired by another great pianist. He spent hours practicing and training his ear to keys. I knew that I wanted to get on a higher level with my sound and I knew I was willing to do what ever it took to get there. He shows me a lot of great techniques and add-ons to make a song more unique and I love every last one of them. I don’t have just one piano teacher; my sister is also my piano teacher. I saw her come from my level to a much higher level in music. She was dedicated and practiced day and night. Shayla, who I look up to as a musician, plays for a huge congregation and sounds great. She’s comfortable and plays amazing. This is where practicing like a “mad man” takes you and I am destined to go.



No comments:

Post a Comment