Friday, November 16, 2012

Mali Music



Mali Music is my all-time favorite artist. This is a big deal since I am not so keen on having favorites. I have to be honest though, when I first heard him, I really didn’t like it. The sound was so different. My sister played his one song, “Broken Spirit” so much until it got in my head. Then, I began to listen to the lyrics, realized that there was this huge message behind his sound. I started off with about three of his songs, Broken Spirit, Higher, and All I have to give. Then my eyes were open to how profound his lyrics were and even his melody was different from anything I’ve ever heard. I fell in love with his sound. His runs, his background music, the words were all put together in a way that was just right. It helped bring me closer to God and got me through some rough times. Currently, I love listening to his song, Heart’s song. I didn’t think much of it at first but now I see how he made a soft, sweet song have such a hard and deep meaning. Here are the lyrics:

This heart of mine is a perpetual cry
Lifting up and magnifying at Adonai
I try to understand the language from within but it’s beyond words
And Every time I hear it something stirs within my soul

Lord my heart longs
To worship all the day long
Your presence is where my heart belongs
It’s beyond words
My heart’s song

This soul of mine is burning fire
Burning with passion and desire for the messiah
Bubbling deep down in my soul
Is a worship out of control
Oh Lord, I surrender to thee,
Holy, holy, holy
That’s what the angels sing
God almighty
You delivered me
From the snares of the enemy
Blessed trinity

No comments:

Post a Comment